I’m not sure how this happened, but here we are and it’s Friday again.
Of course, I know my days of the week, but the last few have been moving at lightening speed, so allow me a little sigh. An exhale to release the insanity and brace for the week ahead.
Actually, it’s more like the next 10 days. When the school bell rings today, it signals the start of spring break for New York City kids.
I’ll be happy to take a break packing lunches. The alarm will still be set, though, since my early morning hours are precious work and workout time.
And since it’s Friday, that means we’ll be making pizza tonight. Last night, we made panini and quesadillas. They’re really just sandwich cousins, don’t you think? In fact, I love getting creative with two slices of bread, be it tortillas, piadina or even crepes. So if you’re still plotting dinner for No Fast Food Friday, how about making it sandwich night? Here’s a round-up of some great recipes to get you started.
- Tomato Jam, Spinach & Mozzarella Panini (pictured above)— In Jennie’s Kitchen
- Blackened Tilapia with Cilantro Lime Mayonnaise — Aggie’s Kitchen
- Banh Mi with Pork Meatballs — Not Without Salt
- Meatless Muffalettas and Sisters’ Sandwich —Three Many Cooks
- Smoked Salmon with Asparagus Tartar — Verses From My Kitchen
- Spicy Pork Tenderloin Sandwich — Chez Us
- Reuben Sandwich — Use Real Butter
- Chicken Salad with Persimmons, Pecans and Thyme—Healthy Green Kitchen
- And check out this excellent sandwich round-up from My Kitchen Addiction.